We are currently looking to expand our team and hire a new Mechanical Engineer to support our continued growth and strengthen the Automatic Systems Operations team.
If you are ready to take on new challenges and join a motivated, dynamic team that is strongly oriented towards the needs of its customers, we have a job tailored to you. More specifically, this position will have the following mandates:
- Manage product customization projects as well as continuous improvement management, respecting deadlines, targets as well as quality and costs;
- Analyze the different products and determine their cost price;
- Improve the design of the electromechanical systems of the products and their options in order to make them more efficient products;
- Collaborate with the purchasing and production department to optimize the supply chain from the point of view of delivery times, inventory and manufacturing costs;
- Establish nomenclatures (B.O.M.) and product structure to optimize production according to LEAN concepts and integrate them into the ERP system;
- Supervise performance tests of designed improvements as well as the manufacturing and assembly of prototypes;
- Act as resource person for manufacturing, sales and after-sales service;
- Direct the qualification of products according to the standards of the specifications;
- Manage the interaction with certification bodies in order to obtain UL (United Laboratories) and CSA (Canadian standard association) or other certifications.
- Contribute to technological watch and participate as necessary in trade fairs in the United States.
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical engineering completed;
- 3-5 years of relevant experience;
- Member of the Order of Engineers of Quebec;
- Experience in the manufacturing field;
- Experience in project management;
- Experience in the design of electromechanical systems;
- Experience with an ERP system;
- Knowledge of Catia V5 and / or SolidWorks an asset;
- Valid passport open to travel.
Please send us your resume at:
fax: (450) 659-0966 (Attn: Human Resources Department)