Canadian Field Service Technician
Located in Toronto (GTA) or Ottawa, your role as a Professional Service Technician will be to provide field service expertise to our customer base. As a key member of the Company and Customer Service Team, you will be reporting to our Service Team Leader , located in our North American Operations center in Brossard. The desired candidate will have the following responsibilities, skill sets, and attributes:
- The ability to perform installation, installation supervision, commissioning and service on our pedestrian turnstile and vehicle barrier gate equipment at various Canadian locations
- Ensure that all logistic requirements are fulfilled when going to a customer site;
- Provide Customer Level product related training on installation, troubleshooting and the equipment maintenance both on site during and, following the installation which may be one on one, in a group or in a class room setting as needed;
- Work closely with the local sales account manager to ensure that all project requirements and specifics that may impact the work are understood, so desired results will be obtained;
- Ensure that all Automatic Systems equipment is fully functional and ready for warrantee sign off before leaving the site;
- Actively involved in completing and preparing commissioning/inspection/preventive maintenance check lists and reports, as needed;
- Ensure that customers are satisfied with the work done, obtain work order sign off before leaving the site;
- Available and willing to help support the telephone Help Desk Service; based on a rotating schedule with the other AS Technicians.
- Maintain all tools and resources in good working condition and manage replacements, as needed;
- As applicable, maintain company vehicle in good condition and respect dealer’s maintenance schedule.
- Customer service oriented;
- Able to perform a wide range of activities including day-to-day customer interaction;
- Autonomous and able to work with minimum supervision, methodical and well organized;
- Able to lift and position heavy equipment;
- Team worker, fast learner, resourceful and goal driven.
- 5 years in similar job
- Electro mechanical with knowledge of Automates & related software
- IT and network basics to include; IP addresses, servers, and control panels
- Basic knowledge of Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Valid driver license
- Valid passport
- Available to work overtime without previous notice
- 40 hours a week- Monday – Friday some weekends may occasionally be required;
- Overtime required frequently during the week;
- Frequent travel required, approximately 75% of the time;
- Work performed in the field- inside & outside, all year round.
Please send us your resume at:
fax: (450) 659-0966 (Attn: Human Resources Department)